Transfer of Credit Policy

Meredith Manor International Equestrian Centre will accept transfer of credits for Career Area classes. We reserve the right to evaluate all transfer credits in relation to our programs. In order for a transfer of credit request to be considered the following will be required:

  1. Transfer credits must have a minimum grade of C.
  2. Transfer credits must have been earned at an institution that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. A course description must accompany the request for approval of transfer of credit for each course. The course description must closely match the Meredith Manor course description.
  3. A maximum of 8 credits may be accepted for the Riding Master I program.
  4. A maximum of 16 credits may be accepted for the Comprehensive Riding Master III program.

Applicants applying for transfer of credit must complete and return to the Admissions office the following:

  1. A letter requesting credit transfer. The letter must state the course/s that the applicant wishes to transfer.
  2. Course description/s
  3. An official transcript

Credits awarded through non-traditional means of obtaining credit are evaluated on an individual basis. Meredith Manor reserves the right to accept or reject such credits depending on the relevance and application of such credits to the total certificate program. No credit may be earned through examination.

Tuition will be adjusted for each course transferred (ie. One career area class transferred will reduce tuition by the amount of one career area class). Students who have transferred in credits will have fewer credits earned at Meredith Manor. Any student transferring credits should speak with the financial aid director to see if the transfer will affect the financial aid available.

No fees are charged to students requesting transfer of credits.

Applicants who are denied transfer of credit may appeal the decision. The appeal must be made in writing and should be directed to the School Director. The appeal should include an explanation of why the applicant feels the transfer should be accepted and any pertinent information pertaining to the course/s in question. The Directors decision regarding the appeal will be final.

Students requesting transfer to another institution should contact the Graduate Services Director for guidance and counseling regarding the transfer process. With a written request from the student and submission of a $2 transcript charge, the School will forward transcripts, course descriptions, and course syllabi to college admissions offices.

I took a job down in Georgia where I train and exercise fox hunters. It's a blast! Finding a job that fit me as much as the skills I've learned fit this job is incredible. Thank you so much for preparing me for such an amazing career.
Michelle Dengel: 2006 Riding Master VI Graduate