Cancellation and Refund Policy
A student wishing to terminate attendance at Meredith Manor may submit to the Admissions Office notice to this effect. If written notice is not received, the School shall assume the date of termination to be the date of last class attendance. Refund and the signed “Acknowledgment of Refund and Release” form will be mailed within 20 days of the determination date of the student’s withdrawal. Students are personally responsible for keeping the Administration Office informed of changes of home address.
Meredith Manor will use the rounded pro rata refund policy for all students:
- All monies paid by the applicant will be refunded if requested within three (3) business days of signing the enrollment agreement.
- If an applicant cancels after three business days, does not begin the program at the start of scheduled classes, or withdraws during the first week of classes, the school will refund all monies paid, less the non-refundable $100 enrollment deposit within 20 days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
- If an applicant is rejected for enrollment, or if a prospective international student has his/her visa application rejected, the school will refund all monies paid.
- If the program is canceled subsequent to student enrollment, all monies will be refunded.
If a student completes more than one week, but less than fifty percent (50%) of the period of financial obligation, 10% - 50% of the stated tuition, room and board charges will be retained plus a $100 administrative fee.
- The rounded pro rata percentage will be computed as the number of weeks of instruction completed divided by the total number of weeks of instruction scheduled, rounded up to the nearest five percent (5%). Any portion of a week completed will be computed as a full week.
- The rounded pro rata amount retained will be computed as the rounded pro rata percentage multiplied by the tuition, room and board charges for the full period of financial obligation.
- In addition to the rounded pro rata tuition, room and board charges, a $100 administrative fee will be retained.
- The total amount retained will not exceed the actual pro rata portion of tuition, room and board charges for the training period completed, plus ten percent (10%) of the unearned tuition, room and board charges for the period of training that was not completed.
- Refunds due students leaving school after entering the program will be made within 20 days from the determination date of the student’s withdrawal.
- After fifty percent (50%) of the period of financial obligation is completed, there is no refund due and the student owes for the entire cost of the period of financial obligation.
Distribution Priority of Refunds and Repayments due:
- FFEL Loans: Unsubsidized Stafford - Subsidized Stafford - Plus
- Federal Direct Loans: Unsubsidized Stafford - Subsidized Stafford - Plus
- Federal Pell Grant Programs
- Other Federal, State, Private, or Institutional Aid
- The Student
Return of Title IV Funds
Effective October 1, 2000 the law now specifies how each school must determine the amount of Student Financial Aid program assistance that a student earns if the student withdraws. Meredith Manor will calculate the amount of Title IV aid that was earned based on a payment period basis. Refunds will continue to be calculated by the enrollment period as stated in the Refund Policy. The student will be obligated for any tuition, fees, books or equipment not covered by Title IV Funds.